05/10/2009

The thought process of a kuya

  • I open too many tabs and I can never be bothered to close them
  • Maybe there is a firefox plugin that can look at the last time a tab was scrolled/clicked/something so I can have something pop up and show me the most un-used windows and let me close them all at once.
  • /me looks for firefox plugins
  • /me cant find anything that looks right
  • Should I learn how to write firefox plugins...?
  • I wish I could do it in python...
  • /me remembers python-webkit and pymozgtk
  • All I really want (in a browser) is tabs and something to remember my history...
  • It couldnt be too hard to write my own browser...
  • /me starts writing his own browser

Now the observant will realise Iv gone from one problem, quite simple and not important, to a completely different problem thats much bigger and much more complicated.

This seems to be the pattern I follow! Im not entirely sure if its a good thing or not. It results in large projects - that I probably wont ever finish. On the other hand I get to try out some really cool things ( which is surely all I care about ).

Well anyway I have a basic tabbed browser using python-webkit. Lets see what becomes of it...

No comments: